Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Family Separated

The MAX stopped at Old Town/China Town. A woman and her two daughters got off with their luggage like they were coming back from the airport. The mother was fumbling with the baggage and the door closed while the two upper-elementary age girls were outside by themselves. The woman pushed the intercom, screamed at the driver, the driver didn't answer, so she pulled the emergency stop knob. It quickly came to a stop and her door opened. She jumped off and went back half a block to rejoin her daughters.

The evil train operator apologized to the people on the MAX for the lady being inconsiderate.

Clearly the operator didn't know what was going on.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is a new blog but I already like it. In relationship to this post maybe the operator didnt know what was going on but shouldve responded to the com when it was pressed. Don't get me wrong I know how many stupid people push them with stupid imbocile questions and things that don't even relate to the train and the driver probable wouldn't know. But in this situation where the com was actually going to be used for it's intended purpose and it was t handled properly, that's messed up. And no offense to any drivers I get that time is an issue and I appreciate th strict schedule and being able to tell my friends out of state that yes we are on time. But I time and time again see drivers ignore the needs of riders, including one time where a driver whatever me run to the max, she saw me get close to the door and then she closed it in my face, and rode off.

    ReplyDelete