Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Hey! Are you 21?"

It is 7:15 on a Wednesday morning, and I am waiting for my bus to go to work. I see two ladies in shorts, walking down the street, getting wet from the rain. They enter the local corner market, and I quickly forget about them.

About five minutes later, I hear a loud female voice behind me, "Hey!" I turn and look, pulling down the wet hood covering part of my face. "Are you 21?" It was the two young twenty-somethings wearing shorts in the rain.

I laughed out loud because I knew exactly where this conversation was headed. "Yes," I replied.

"Will you buy us beer?"

"Are you 21?" I ask.

"Yeah, but the stupid guy in there won't let us buy it."

"Why not?"

She pulls out a photocopy of her supposed drivers license, clearly looking suspicious.

"Where is the original?" I ask with a smile on my face.

The two girls eye each other and respond, "I dunno," and smile at me.

"Well, my bus is coming right now," pointing up the street, "and even if I had the time, I wouldn't buy it since I don't know you, ladies."

They responded, "You're a dick," and proceeded to cross the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment