Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Same Guy!

Several months ago, I met a Vietnamese man on the bus. He kindly asked if he could sit in the empty seat next to me, and I said yes. After a few minutes, he introduced himself. He rubbed his greasy face, clearly had mental issues, and I couldn't understand a word of English since his accent was so thick. All I could understand was that he loves Subway and he asked me if I had money or if I could take him out for a meal. I said no, and I believe that I ended up getting a rash from him. Not sure.

Last week, I just happened to meet the same guy on bus! I remember him clearly: kindly asking to sit, the rubbing of his face, and most distinctively... the asking for a meal and his love for Subway.

I was actually in a hurry to get to church, since I was volunteering. However, realizing that I packed a few snacks in my back for myself, I offered him some carrot sticks, celery, and potato chips. He refused.

I guess he wasn't that hungry after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment